Hublot and Berluti unveil the Classic Fusion Chronograph Berluti Scritto
“Over the generations, Berluti has developed its exceptional expertise to perfect the patina of its leathers. Combining traditional craftsmanship with our technical expertise has enabled us to marry this natural material with the mechanical refinement of Hublot. With a coordinated style from wrist to toe, the modern gentleman is the epitome of elegance!”
Ricardo Guadalupe, CEO, Hublot
Founded in France in 1895 by Italian Alessandro Berluti, the Parisian House now dresses men from head to foot. The most elegant men choose Berluti for their footwear, captivated by its bold and inventive patinated leathers.
In 2016, Hublot released its first innovation: the Classic Fusion Berluti line
. In honour of Berluti’s 120th
anniversary these pieces encapsulated the inimitable style of the famous shoemaker in a watch for the first time. This model employed Berluti’s famous Venezia leather for both its strap and its dial. Developed by Olga Berluti, a proud descendent of Alessandro, this exclusive tanning technique needed to be developed into a delicate and complex process before it could be used to craft a watch. For example, all of the moisture had to be removed from the leather before it could be enclosed within the sapphire crystal.
One year on, Hublot decided to take its use of Berluti’s signature leather even further, combining this prestigious, natural material with its Classic Fusion chronograph. Evidently a more complex task, as the dial features two counters at 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock, craftsmen had to go back to the drawing board and develop new practices to ensure the leather could be made stable despite these new additions.
the new Classic Fusion Chronograph Berluti, available with a 45 mm case in a choice of two finishes, Scritto King Gold and Scritto All Black. Limited to 250 pieces of each, both models feature hand-crafted straps, presented in a Berluti bespoke box containing a complete Berluti leather care set. Thanks to Hublot, the expertise of the Berluti leather is now worn on the wrist.Berluti
dates back to Paris in 1895 and has been built by four generations of shoemakers. In 2005 fine leather goods were introduced and, in 2011, a complete clothing collection as well as a bespoke service available in Paris in its rue de Sèvres store. Berluti has more than 40 stores in all the major cities since 2013.